DATA PRIVACY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT
American Air Components, LLC
Effective Date: May 2022
American Air Components, LLC (collectively, “we”, “our” and/or “AAC”) has prepared this data privacy transparency statement (this “Transparency Statement”) to provide visitors to its website at www.aac-hvac.com or www.aachvac.net, and any affected data subjects important information about the personal data we receive and use in the course of displaying products and services available for sale and for finding our locations through the AAC website (the “Services”). This Transparency Statement is specific to the Services that we provide to you and does not apply to our general website or any other website, platform, dashboard, portal or application that we currently provide or will provide in the future.
In this Transparency Statement, we describe the processes by which you may contact us in order to exercise your options to: (1) access, correct, restrict, or delete your personal data; (2) object to the use of certain aspects of your personal data; and (3) ask any questions you may have about our privacy practices. Please take note as well of those practices described in this Transparency Statement specifically stated to be necessary and/or integral, to the performance of our Services. Where specifically noted below, exercising your rights as described herein may affect our ability to continue performing our Services as requested.
This Transparency Statement may be updated and/or otherwise revised periodically to reflect changes in our data use practices and/or policies. We will post notices of all such changes on our applicable website, platforms and/or materials and the “Effective Date” noted above will indicate when this Transparency Statement was most recently revised. Except as may be otherwise required under applicable law, revisions to this Transparency Statement will be effective on the Effective Date noted without any other notice or approval by you. In certain jurisdictions, applicable law may require additional processes and procedures, in which case, revisions to this Transparency Statement will not be effective until we have met our obligations accordingly.
1. Description of Services
We provide a website which enables our website visitors to identify and locate products according to zip code using the AAC distributor finder and submit specific requests for information regarding the products and services shown on the website. Our Services are currently only available in the United States.
For any questions or concerns, you may contact us as follows:
American Air Components, LLC
PO Box 213
Royse City, Texas 75189
Website: www.aac-hvac.com or www.aachvac.net
2. Personal Data & Special Categories of Data
For the purpose of providing our Services, we receive the types of personal information described below as submitted by yourself on the website (as further detailed below, “Personal Data”):
a. Contact Information and Correspondence – If you request information about our company or our respective products and services, you may elect to provide personal contact information such as your name, your email address, your phone number, your company affiliation, and/or your mailing address. We may use your information to respond to your request.
b. Zip Code – If you choose to use the AAC distributor finder provided on the website, you must enter a six digit zip code to locate the AAC location closest to the zip code you have entered.]
c. IP Addresses and Traffic Data– In addition to the Personal Data that you voluntarily provide, we also collect certain traffic data from you that is automatically generated (“Traffic Data”). This Traffic Data may include, without limitation, internet protocol addresses(es), browsing history, and unique device IDs. These types of information do not, by themselves, generally identify or relate to you as an individual and we do not attempt to combine Traffic Data with other information in order to personally identify Traffic Data to a specific, identifiable individual.
3. How We Obtain Personal Data
a. Use of website – While using the distributor finder feature on the website, we will collect information to provide you with zip code location-based services, such as a selection of AAC locations based on the zip code entered into the distributor finder. This zip code is retained solely for our own analytics purposes and we do not associate it with any personal information that may also be submitted.
b. Contact – If you reach out to us for support or seek additional information regarding the products displayed on the website, we will collect your name, email address, and phone number to provide you with assistance and respond to your requests.\
4. Data Use and Data Retention – We do not sell your Personal Data to third-parties. We use Personal Data that we receive hereunder to respond to your direct requests and inquiries, and to otherwise provide you with additional information about our company and our products and services in which you may be interested, subject always to your options to manage your Personal Data as set forth in Section 6 below:
a. Website Use and Functionality – We use certain Personal Data in order to provide you with access and use of the website and/or our Services. As an example, when you use the distributor finder, we use the location information submitted to provide you with AAC locations based on Zip Code you entered. Further, when you submit Contact Information, we add such information to our customer interest database in order to provide you with promotional materials about our company, our products, and/or various events that may be of interest to you. You may always opt-out of receiving future communications from us by following the link contained in the promotion email that allows you to unsubscribe.
b. Support – When you contact us with inquiries, suggestions, feedback, complaints or for support we will use the Personal Data that you provide to us in order to appropriately respond to your requests and to assist you.
c. Performance and Improvement – We monitor information on website visitor activity to track the performance of our website, detect trouble-shooting and overall improve the website and our Services.
d. Compliance with Legal Obligations – In addition to the use and sharing of Personal Data for the purposes of providing our Services, we process Personal Data received hereunder to comply with our own legal and regulatory obligations. For example, we may process personal information to comply with: record keeping requirements, reporting requirements, court order, law enforcement order, and other legal and/or regulatory requirements.
e. Legitimate Interests – We may also use Personal Data collected hereunder in circumstances other than as expressly described above in connection with the services we provide; provided, however that any such additional processing may only occur when there is a legitimate interest to do so that is not overridden by your data protection rights as required by applicable law. The types of processing/uses contemplated hereunder may include, without limitation, for our own administrative and business needs, audits and self-assessments for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court order, law enforcement order, and applicable workplace policies, and for information technology purposes including without limitation trouble shooting, business continuity, disaster recover, data backup and recovery.
5. Onward Transfers – Data We Share With Others. We will not sell, share, transfer, disclose, rent, use, or distribute Personal Data hereunder for purposes other than as set forth in this Transparency Statement, unless required by law or as expressly authorized by a data controller as described above. We may, however, share and entrust Personal Data to third-parties, including without limitation, cloud service providers, hosting service providers, technical support vendors, and others solely for the purposes of enabling such third-parties to provide services to us.
a. Exigent Circumstances – In addition to the disclosures set forth above, we will disclose Personal Data about you: (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (2) to law enforcement authorities, judiciary or other government officials, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (4) if necessary to protect the vital interests of any person.
6. Data Management – We respect the individual rights you may have in your Personal Data. Accordingly, we provide you with the following options with respect to our use of your Personal Data.
If you use our Services, you have the right to exercise your options to request information from us about the Personal Data we collect from you, the Personal Data we sell and/or share with third parties, the right to opt-out of sale or sharing or limit the use of your Personal Data, the right to correct your Personal Data, the right to delete your Personal Data, and the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data. You have the right to receive non-discriminatory treatment when exercising these rights and not be retaliated against. We will work to honor your request and assist you with respect to such requests, where appropriate.
In order to meet our obligations under applicable law, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to demands as set forth in this Section 6.
Please see contact information below to make such a request.
Our website is a “general audience” website and not directed toward children. If any of our website content is either: (1) directed toward users under the age of eighteen (18); or (2) if we have actual knowledge that a website visitor of the website is under the age of eighteen (18), we will permit such website visitor to remove (if applicable) or request that we remove or anonymize such content or information as posted by the website visitor, to the extent required by California Business and Professions Code § 22581. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) and would like to request the removal or anonymization of content or information you have posted on or to any interactive services that may be available on our website, please see our contact information below to make such a request.
7. Opt-Out – You may unsubscribe to future email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our email communications. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future email communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry.
8. Complaints, Concerns, Recourse – In the event you believe AAC has failed to protect your privacy or you have unresolved concerns about the use of your Personal Data, please immediately submit your concerns to us at: email@example.com. Please provide details regarding your concerns and include full contact information so we can respond as quickly and completely as possible.
We require you to accept “session cookies” to enable certain functions as you travel from page to page. “Session cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored in your browser and passed back to the server whenever a request for a new page is made. The session cookie is never saved or written to disk. It is discarded when the browser exits or when you have not visited a page on the website for more than 20 minutes. Most web browsers automatically accept session cookies, but most browsers also allow you to configure your web browser to refuse them or to notify you before a cookie is set. Please note however that our website may not function as intended, or at all, if you refuse or delete such session cookies placed by us.
We may also use “persistent cookies” to provide end-user efficiencies such as remembering end-user AAC preferences, automatically filling in standard information on return visits, and so-forth. As opposed to the session cookies discussed above, persistent cookies are not required to access and utilize the web site, but if you configure your browser so that it does not accept cookies from this web site, you may be prompted to provide certain information or choose certain options each time you visit the website.
10. Google Analytics – We may use functions of Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help the analyze how website visitors use and view the our Services. Any information generated by the cookie about your use of our Services (including your IP address, and particulars about your browser and configuration as reported by your browser) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Please note any information collected by Google Analytics cookies do not include personally identified information (such as names, email addresses, and payment information). Google may use the information collected for the purpose of enabling us to evaluate your use of our Services, certain aspects of your user experience thereon, compiling reports on activity for us and providing other services relating to our Services and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. More information on the Google Analytics cookies are available from Google at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en#zippy=%2Cgoogle-analytics-cookies-and-identifiers.
11.Do Not Track – Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. When you turn on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they not track you. At this time, our information collection practices will continue to apply as described in this Policy, regardless of any DNT signals that are sent by certain browsers or selected by you. For more information about DNT, please visit AllAboutDNT.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
In order to exercise your rights hereunder, if you have any questions about this Transparency Statement and/or our processing of Personal Data, you may contact us in accordance with the information set forth in Section 1 above.